- The fermentation of vegetables generates lactic acid (but not alcohol) and the product is called Gojarine. The fermentation of grapes generates alcohol, and the product is called Wine.
- Lactic fermentation of vegetables continues for years in the jar.
- We can produce Gojarine from all kinds of vegetables such as cabbage gojarine (also called sauerkraut), carrot gojarine, radish gojarine … . We can also produce mixed gojarine with several vegetables.
Grand Cru Gojarines by GOLDEEN JAR™ are made only with organic vegetables selected at the highest degree of maturity by certified French & Swiss farmers and prepared by skilled craft workers just like wine makers.
- The vegetables (fermented organic green cabbage for this very first vintage ie 2020) are produced by local French organic-certified farmers, the varieties of vegetables we selected are ancient and rare ones (more flavors and aromas).
- The vegetables are harvested at their highest degree of maturity without any chemicals to preserve them (as recommanded by the UE organic-farming cetification). Therefore, we can't wait or stock the vegetables before using them for the fermentation.
- Then the fermentation itself is done in oak barrels (just like what is used for grand cru wine) under the supervision of our Master Gojariner (ie an oenologist expert in the lactic-fermentation of vegetables).
- After several months, the Gojarine is sealed in ultraviolet light filtering jars designed to allow the carbon dioxide CO2 produced by the lactic fermentation to escape out and forbid the oxygen O2 to enter into the jar. The jars are sealed with a traceability system insuring the authenticity and vintage of our product.
All the process is certified by a French Gov Authority to insure you dear clients that you will have what we promise.
Expensive by Design
Therefore, you understand why the price is fixed at €300 for each jars containing 1Kg net product (price including the shippment).
In fact, the launching price does not cover the cost of production (it's a symbolic price for the launch), therefore the price of vintages for the next years will be higher.
- Lactic fermentation preserves vegetables safely in sealed jars for decades.
- Lactic fermentation allows the development of remarkable organoleptic properties - ie development of exceptional new fine aromas and flavors.
- Lactic fermentation allows the development of new vitamins, antioxydants, prebiotics and probiotics.
- Role of probiotics to combat viral infections with emphasis on COVID-19
- The Gut Microbiota and Respiratory Diseases
- The Gut Microbiota and Unhealthy Aging
- The Gut Microbiota and Healthy Aging
- Fermented Vegetables: a rich source of probiotics
- Health benefits of fermented foods
- Health benefits of fermented foods: microbiota and beyond
- Yogurt and other fermented foods as sources of health-promoting bacteria
- Fermented Foods as a Dietary Source of Live Organisms